Trust the Gardener

A few months ago I had a picture that I was a seed and God was the gardener. I could see that I was small and round but I had no clue what type of seed I was and consequently no clue what type of plant I would grow to become. Despite that lack of knowledge on my part, I thought I knew what type of dirt I needed to be planted in, how much sun and shade I needed to properly grow, and how much water would be best for me. I had in mind what kind of seed I wanted to be and was basing my needs on that final picture in my mind.

The Master Gardener, however, lovingly showed me that I didn't know these things. I didn't know if I would grow to become a flower or a stalk of corn. I didn't know what I needed to thrive because I couldn't see the end result. But He knew. He knew that the care I needed is based on what type of plant I am. He planted me where I needed to be. He watered me with the exact amount of water that I needed - He wouldn't let me drown - I was His precious plant. He placed me in the sun because I needed that heat to grow. He did all this because He loved me. He cared for me and weeded the garden and pruned my little plant because He wanted me to grow and be healthy. He was completely in control and when the harvest time came, because of His work, He would be glorified through the growth in me.




"My Child I know what you are going through. I know your fears because I created you. Each step you take, I gave to you. And I've prepared what you have been going through ... You want to feel my nearness, to hear me speak, but my power is perfected in the humble and the weak ... For now, I'm calling you to believe what you cannot see but what you know is true ... I am near you."