Come Weary Saints

Yesterday, I received a copy of the new album from Sovereign Grace Ministries, "Come Weary Saints." This album is a beautiful reminder of God's sustaining grace through every trial we face. I have the feeling this will quickly become one of my favorites. (the link to purchase the CD can be found here .)

the line-up is as follows:
1. Hide Away In the Love of Jesus
2. So I Will Trust You
3. As Long as You are Glorified
4. Oh the Deep Deep Love
5. Every Day
6. Through the Precious Blood
7. You Have Always Been Faithful
8. Healing in Your Wings
9. Joy in my Morning
10. Glorious
11. I Have a Shelter
12. It is Not Death to Die

Though each song is a reminder of God as the solution to (and greater than) each problem that we face, I want to focus on one song specifically that already been an encouragement and challenge to me - "Through the Precious Blood." A post from last week was as a result of God using in my heart 3 words from the sample version of that song - "grace upon grace." As the trials heap up in my life, as I feel bombarded with wave after wave, my Father promises freely grace upon grace.

This grace is not a cheap grace -it came at great cost - through the precious blood of Christ. Grace from a Father that has ordained every step I take. Grace abundant from a God that makes no mistakes. Satisfying grace that is offered to us freely.

Scripture assures us - that God is soverengly using our difficulties as tool to make us more like His Son. We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5: 3–5). While we know these things are true, in the midst of our hardships we can lose perspective. Problems can loom large, and our hopes can grow dim.

Come Weary Saints is an invitation to redirect your focus to the God whose love has been forever demonstrated at the cross of Calvary. As you listen to these songs, may your faith and joy in the Savior be strengthened for the challenges you face, now or in the future. (review from http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/albums)