Psalm 139

This is part of an e-mail that I just sent to a friend of mine... but i so constantly need the reminder as well...

Remember - the faithful God who called you is the One who is working now in your life (even in the so many ways you don't understand and don't like) and He is the One who has promised to complete what He began (lovingly, tenderly, passionately, and with more care than you've ever experienced before in your life).

You're not lost, simply wandering all alone … you're being led down this path by a Sovereign Shepherd that cares for your emotions and heart. He wants what's best for you and is gently, tenderly leading you right now.

I just feel that you need to be reminded of that. Don't turn away from that care… keep minute by minute entrusting your soul to Him who judges rightly. He is trustworthy. Read Psalm 139. (to help you out, I've included it below… as well as some additional thoughts that I hope and pray are a help and comfort to you)


Psalm 139
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

(this is not a scary God that simply keeps track of all our thoughts and deeds. He is a God that understands our weakness and loves us wholeheartedly. That's why this knowledge is wonderful. Do not be afraid of the fact that He knows all your thoughts. Do not fear that He has hemmed you in - though confined beyond what you would choose, His hand is upon you.)

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

(find comfort in this truth, do not fear His presence. Do not fear His Spirit. He is a Comforter and He longs to comfort your weary heart!)

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

(even when all seems dark. Even when I feel swallowed up by the darkness, He is holding me)

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

(in the midst of darkness and confusion, I can praise God for His awesome sovereignty!)

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

(even when He searches and finds something in me that is offensive, do not forget the gospel - don’t forget "it is finished" applies there too because I am a beloved, cherished child of the almighty God that is overwhelming with compassion and forgiveness.)



"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."-
Ephesians 3:20-21

- immeasurably beyond what we ask or think… this is just ONE LOOK!!!! He is a Comforter… find 9 more of these, and find rest in the midst of the battle you are facing.