Why I Blog

I have been thinking over the past few days what the purpose of this blog is. I am not a pastor. In my mind are no brilliant, life-changing thoughts that will rock the world. For over a year, no one read my posts and only a few close friends even knew this place existed. I have nothing special to share. My life is very ordinary - I live in an ordinary place, drive an ordinary car, and sit in an ordinary cubicle 5 days each and every week.

But here's the point. My God is far from ordinary. He is magnificent and His works are amazing.

My wayward heart tends to forget that truth. I tend to get stuck in the "ordinary" and miss what God is doing, miss who God is in the midst of it all. This blog is my reminder. It is a reminder to not forget God... not forget His work on the Cross... and not forget his works that are present in my life and the lives of my friends.

The children of Israel forgot their God (Judges 3:7). I don't want to make that same mistake. The Christian life is a marathon (Hebrews 12:1). I want to prepare in every way possible for the joy that is set before me. I want my endurance to grow.

My prayer is that my thoughts as I'm simultaneously training for and running in this race - that seeing God's faithfulness in my past would spur me (aka us) on to run harder... that seeing answered prayers would cause us to rejoice more in our God... and that remembering His works will encourage us to not grow weary but instead to continue faithfully pursuing the One who lovingly pursued us first.